- So...What is it about again?
Amber is a language (derived from Smalltalk) and environment built for the web.With Amber, client-side web development finally gets the power and productivity that exists in other Smalltalk dialects.
- Why should I care?
Having a true live & incremental development environment where you can build your application interactively in the browser is unbeatable.
- Why a Smalltalk dialect?
Smalltalk stands head and shoulders above most other languages for clarity, conciseness, and human-friendliness.
As a language, it is immensely clean and mature, both syntactically and semantically. It is a pure OO language, with objects all the way down.
- But what about all the JS ecosystem?
- Quick links
- The Wiki on GitHub includes a Getting started tutorial for OSX, Linux and Windows.
Meet the people behind Amber
- Amber hackers can be found on the amber room on gitter.im. You will need a github account. See https://gitter.im/amber-smalltalk/amber.
- Most of Amber discussion and help happens on the Google Group.
- Amber hackers could also be found on the #amber-lang IRC channel on freenode. You can use the Freenode web client.
Contributing to the project
In a sharing mood? Contributions to Amber are very much welcome!